Welcome To The St. Benedict Institute of Theological Studies
SAINT BENEDICT INSTITUTE OF THEOLOGICAL STUDIES Priestly Formation Program Independent Reformed Catholic Church
Saint Benedict Institute is an in-house ministry of the Independent Reformed Catholic Church's Dept. of Religious Education. We are an absolute nonprofit religious entity. This means that St. Benedict Institute does not charge students for it's courses but is supported entirely by student donations to the church, but no aspirant IRCC student will be turned away regardless of their ability to do this. The only actual cost is for books needed to complete the formation course which the student procures on their own from their choice of sellers. Normally a 62 credit hour course such as the one outlined would range in cost from $1,240.00 to $1,860.00.
We are proud and happy to announce the institution of the IRCC Clergy Training Program of the IRCC Dept. Of Religious Education under the auspices of The Saint Benedict Institute of Theological Studies.
The proposed course of study upon completion is awarded with the following degrees.
Diploma ofBiblical Studies (S.T.L.) (Licentiate of Sacred Theology)St. Benedict Institute of Theological Studies
IRCC Program of Study: TOTAL Semester Hours- 62
1. COURSE: Orientation [2 sh.] BOOK: Documents by the IRCC Dept. of Education
2. COURSE: History of the Old Catholic Church [3 sh.] BOOK: Catholic (but not Roman)Orthodox (but not Eastern) by: Fr. Joesph Owles
3. COURSE: The Old Testament [3 sh.] BOOK: Through the Bible Books I/II by: Meyer Pearlman
4. COURSE: The New Testament [3 sh.] BOOK: Through the Bible Books III/IV by: Meyer Pearlman
5. COURSE: Ecclesiology [3 sh.] BOOK: Ecclesiology: The Church as Communion and Mission by: Morris Pelzel